The outset of the employment relationship entails a unique set of problems and opportunities. Employment applications, interviews, background checks, and offer letters must not only be compliant, but also establish accurate terms and conditions of employment — including, but not limited to, compliant compensation arrangements.
Compliance with Federal Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), the Pennsylvania Minimum Wage Law (PMWA) and the Pennsylvania Wage Payment and Collection Law (WPCL) are critical compliance concerns for every employer. Ufberg & Associates provides services in each of the following areas:
- Advising and training clients about new minimum wage and overtime laws and regulations.
- Evaluating job design to determine proper compensation structure.
- Evaluating timekeeping methodology and record keeping.
- Ensuring that pay is properly issued to separating employees.
- Conducting internal wage and hour audits.
- Representing clients in Federal and state wage and hour investigations and audits.
- Representing clients in wage and hour litigation.